Re: HF 4 1/2" Grinder

MaxD wrote:

I used a passel of abrasive wheels to cut a stack of ceramic tiles. For some reason, a standard tile cutter absolutely refused to cut these particular tiles without shattering them into many pieces.
Anyway, aside from making a bunch of dust and having to replace the wheel about every ten tiles, all went as expected. For your project, the wheels are probably cheap enough to experiment.
Mike Marlow wrote:

Standard 4.5". They were marked "Masonary" - I guess they were cut-off wheels...
Mike Marlow wrote:

I didn't say I went through them "quickly." One wheel for every ten tiles didn't SEEM excessive.
And, since these were "used" tiles (free from Craigslist) I used the same wheels to remove the quickset from the backs.