Re: Hello Everyone

Brian in this group I am a lurker...... I do beleive this is my first post to this group.
White background good.
Grey letters on white background bad.
After that........... mister you can get as mad as you want but I figure you have about 1200 lines of pure crap on your blog and no I did not read every line or paragraph but the parts that I did spot check appear to be nothing more than a reflection of your personal daily ramblings.
Who do you think cares if you carry a notebook and pen with you so you can write down your thoughts on a daily basis.
NOBODY.
You say you have just discovered this group.
Well monitor it for a while.
Make comments that you feel are appropriate and relevant.
Ask questions about woodworking that you feel are appropriate and relevant.
Don't ask anyone to go your blog when it is nothing more than a personal vanity site with little woodworking content.
Join the group and welcome..... but don't expect the regulars to leave this newsgroup to spend time on your website very often.
USENET does not work that way.

Perhaps if you understood what a Blog actually is.
blog noun a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies

You may go back to lurking.

+1
Welcome Brian, enjoy the wreck.

Some unnecesssary nonsense not worth repeating.

Pshaw!! Leon. That's what I was just about to say.
Max

So you are new to woodworking and you already own a Festool tool..... No sense in beating arough the bush, huh? Welcome!

Some of those bushes can be really arough. But a little work with a spoke shave and a good scraper will make them usable.
Max .
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:54:00 -0800 (PST), ExtremelyAvg

Welcome.
-Zz

*snip*
Find the FAQs and Anti-FAQs. They'll tell you all about the rules here. Pay careful attention to the AntiFAQ, we follow those rules most strictly.
By the way, newcomers are expected to make a sacrifice to the Woodworking Gods. 20 bd ft of Jummywood ought to do it.
Puckdroppe (tongue firmly in cheek)

Speak for yourself, I'm willing to give Brian's blog a chance.

The percentage of ww content seems to rival that of the Wreck at times, so possibly you yourself are in the wrong place.

Thanks for the lesson in how "the regulars should behave" and your explanation of how usenet works, but I will use my own judgement about where I go and what I read.
basilisk

<snip>
And you used your first post to tear to shreds someone with a blog (and he knows what one is) related to woodworking?
Nicely done sir (I need to find a sarcasm font for this line).
Make it your last post as well.
Fuck off, Bernie.

Welcome Brian, You may remember me from somewhere else where I go by the same name. The traffic here is much less than that other place where there are over 15,800 members and most people seem to be so overwhelmed by the amount of content that they primarily post 1-line compliments. You can find more critical opinions here (which I value alot)!
Although clarity is valued, there is more emphasis on the crafted wood than the crafted word here, and there is no room for photos--they have to be linked to.
Personally, I try to stay away from the OT political posts due to the thickness of my skin.
If you have questions about the router table that you are designing, you can probably find some valuable thoughts here.
Bill
Bill wrote:

By the way, I still consider myself a newbe here, and most people would probably agree with my assessment, but with help I think I am making progress! : )
Bill

You've done some writing before, haven't you? Quite enjoyed what I read, and I understand the stars in your eyes... the romance of woodworking and all.
"Do you have the wood?" Oh, that was priceless!
Bookmarked.
Thanks, Steve (still wet behind the ears)
On 1/26/2010 1:54 AM, ExtremelyAvg wrote:

Welcome to the wreck! You may need to expand hour 'handle' because we're all above average here. :o)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar