Re: Group Mental Health And Statistical Analysis - Raw Data Form

<snip of statistics>
Tawm, you've got waaaaaaaaayyyy too much time on your hands!
I believe the quote is something like this: "There are Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics"
--
Nahmie
calmly ranted:

Well, DOH! ;)

How many were actually "damned republican"?

Yabbut, how many were jokes about pineywood?

I'll bet Paddy is lamenting over giving up that moneymaking hobby of his.
-------------------------------------------------- I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon) ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --------------------------------------------------------
Watson - 8040 Luigi - 2140 Wooddorker - 384 El Guapo - 429 Sinai - 77 (tmPL) - 1400
UA100

Keith    16600 Duke    8660 UA100    4740 El Sauro 6
Frank Zappa 285 Yoad 444
Regards, Tom.

Is ANYONE spending time in the shop?(Excluding those whose 'puter is IN the shop)
--
Nahmie
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:32:18 -0400, "Norman D. Crow"

Who the hell goes into the shop at four or five in the morning?
You must have far more understanding neighbors than either me or Keeter do, Nahmie.
Regards, Tom.
calmly ranted:

The Well Dressed Neander, of course.

Potential Fix: Use your nail gun?
-------------------------------------------------------- Murphy was an Optimist ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

the
Who the hell is UP @ that time of the morning with nothing better to do?
--
Nahmie
Norman D. Crow wrote:
Ummmmm. Me?
With the current work load (at work of course) I could be up even earlier, get in even earlier and leave later and I'd never catch up.
My two favorite times of the day, first walking into work in the morning and leaving at the end of the day.
sigh...
UA100

Ah yes, those were the days! Being awakened by the answering service @ 2:00AM because some bank EDP system is down, then not seeing the house again until the same time next day(if you're unlucky).
Spending some 36-40 hr. straight either trying to help on a piece of equipment you're NOT trained on, running for parts, calling in outside experts, plus 2 trips from Muncie, IN to Indy airport(the (*%^*#%^ air freight couldn't find the parts just flown in the first trip, although everyone SAID they were there!). Calling my boss to update him on what's happening, get home & fall into the mattress, only to have the stupid A**hole call me to find out "what are you doing about this problem?" (Remember now kiddies, this is the same man I updated approximately 1 hr. before.)
Sheesh!
--
Nahmie
<snip>

Does the phrase 'fire your boss' come to mind? Or 'vote with your feet?'
Today, it's not quite as easy as it was in 1999, or 1995.
But then, as now, life is indeed much too short for that kind of stuff. At least, it is for me. However, we've long ago determined that I'm spoiled, rotten.
Patriarch

This was in '73. Made my try @ low end management, still ended up carrying a tool kit to prop up faltering inept personnel, then when Co. got rid of them, had 2 + me to cover 24hr., guess what shift I had to pull(plus work days)! Yep, should have walked, but was feeling the weight and responsibility of raising family, mortgage, etc., and was afraid to give up the security. Did eventually *walk* by transfer to here, about the same time the Co. decided that A**hole should be demoted & transferred. By then I was so "burned out", I had even lost faith in my own technical abilities, took a long time to get it back. Eventually, through other changes, I saw the "handwriting on the wall" and got completely out, started a new profession OTR driving.
Uncle Sam retired me from that in '97 when I became diabetic, now I spend the school year volunteering for my best friend, getting what shop time I can, and perusing the wRECk.
--
Nahmie
<snippage>

BTDT. During this last tech cycle, my youngest son, in his early twenties, took the opportunity to pull me aside, and say "Dad, we're really worried about you." Good kid. Guess he was raised right. Helps to have grandparents around.
They say that one definition of insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting a different result.
Take good care of yourself, Nahmie.
Patriarch

twenties,
Thanks. We've got some pretty good kids that look out for us too. They keep us young & busy.
--
Nahmie
OK, my two favorites are "dubya", sandwiched between "dole" and "gorilla glue", and "Osama", caught between "9/11" and "compost".
Regards, Tom.
calmly ranted:

Wow, 24,300 brain deaths and 78 revivals in one month? Minwhacked, Saran, and Glad Wrap must be proud!

Was that "viewing stained pineywood" or the Internet inventor?

Only 2,180 mizpelungs? Many must be away on vacation.

Buncha blowhards?