RE: Good Boat Painting Video

Posted from another boating list.

Pretty good info.

Might pick up a tip or two.

The boat is a 35 ft Hinckley Pilot.

In it's day, if you had to ask "How Much", you couldn't afford.

Enjoy

Lew

Courtesy of Jamestown Distributors, one of the better sources for marine supplies:

The paint is Interlux Brightsides, one part polyurethane. There are some good tips for thinning, brushing and preparation.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Gotta love those inexpensive hobbies!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

You know the old saying:

The best two days of my life were the day I bought my boat, and the day I sold it.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Sort of like a Festoll, huh?

Reply to
Larry W

The two weeks I hated each sailing season were devoted to the bottom of my Beneteau 321, which each spring became a 50-footer. I sold her in 2006, but still get that backache every March.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

---------------------------------------------------------- Sure signs of spring in northern climes (Late March thru May).

1) The worms start coming out of the ground. 2) Boaters head for the boatyard, sand paper and paint in hand. (Hard work but it beats the hell out of mowing grass).

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett