Re: gone longer than I thought...

Page 4 of 4

Ummm, no comment! I've seen some of the messages you've posted about your wife, so it's still no comment.
"Silvan" wrote in message

LOL ... no doubt you have the qualifications down pat ... when we were kids it was always the guy who couldn't do anything else who got stuck on bass. Definitely, if you do it right, it can be boring to those who want to be hot shots, but I've never felt that way, particularly when working with a good drummer. AAMOF, I could care less who else is on stage when the drumming is right, as has been the case the past twenty years or so. For the past few years I have been playing primarily with a bunch of players (www.wildriverband.com) who truly love their music (Western Swing), and are damn good at it (one is in the steel guitar hall of fame and played with Bob Wills from '46 to '51, and still going strong) ... that has been more fun than the old, strictly mercenary days, of being on the road much of the time.
BTW, don't believe the BS about the bass player not getting laid ... it is a pure, jealousy driven rumor, started by wannabe lead guitarists and fiddle players ... well, it _used_ to be in any event. At my age, one of those 20 something cuties you see backstage would scare the crap out of me, though the foxy mature ones with a twinkle in their eye are as present as ever, and more appreciative to boot. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04

A rumor well debunked in "This is Spinal Tap". <G>
Barry
Swingman wrote:

You dirty old man you!
FWIW, the best bass player I know doesn't play one of those electroflummies. That dude is awesome. I didn't know a bass could do stuff like what he does with one.
Those critters are EXPENSIVE though. Plus I'm too stupid to play anything that doesn't have frets.
Do what I do, get a power cord, and longer cord for your modem, and that really comfortable old chair with a small table and drinks food and other essentials. then take the computer with ya out into the great outdoors.