Re: Going on vacation - looking for wood stores along the way!

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:05:22 -0700, "John A. Voss"

While on an extended business trip in San Francisco, I hit Woodcraft in Dublin, Hida Tool in Berkeley, and Japan Woodworker in Alameda. All worthwhile, all on the web (that's where I got directions).
Paul
"John A. Voss" writes:

Can't help you with the wood working; however, if you pass thru Bakersfield at meal time, you owe it to yourself to stop and eat at the Basque restaurant.
It has been there for years, anybody in Bakersfield can give you directions. (It's on one of the main N-S streets)
My suggestion is get a motel there for the night because after you eat there, you sure won't feel like driving.
Been there, done that.
Enjoy.
--
Lew