Re: Gloat! Found some wood in the middle of the road!

Sounds like good fishing. Hook set, and you've landed yourself a big one...
Regards, -Steve in Banks, OR http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com
They probably did. I'm convinced the road Gods do this. Within the past year, I've collected a nice 30" oak log which was given up to the fireplace, a needed Reese hitch attachment (just bought and attached the hitch to the truck the day before!), 5 gallons of gas, bungee cords, and a J hook with attached chain. These are just a few items which come easily to mind. Mark

I was on my way to work one morning, and traffic was moving at a stop-and-go pace on the freeway entrance ramp. I spotted something red lying on the ground on the left side of the ramp. As I came alongside it, I opended up my door and picked up an 18 inch Ridgid pipe wrench. Didn't even have to unbuckle my seat belt or get out of the car.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Good one! You must be a boater...we've learned the scoop technique at an early age for those more bouyant treasures! Mark

Anyone who fails to secure a load in a truck deserves to lose it, and should be jailed. Anyone who picks it up and carries it off is doing the public a service by removing the hazard from the road.
I'd like to find the idiot who dumped the ladder on the highway for me to run over, and give him a new ladder, stuffed up his ass!