Re: Gloat and a question

This is a production tool where 6 different tools can be loaded at one time

>so you can let's say center drill, tap drill, tap, counter boar, and counter >sink, and not have to change bits. > >For a wood working application you might use this machine something like >this. Let's say you were making a bunch of drawers where you wanted to >attach a hardwood face to a plywood front. In the first position you could >have a fixed point that you could line up with your mark. The second >position might have a brad point bit that will drill your counter boar to a >depth for a wooden plug, then the third position could be loaded with a bit >that would drill a small diameter drill through the hardwood and into the >ply, and the last drill would drill a clearance hole through the hardwood. > >Each turret position would have an independent depth stop so once you >positioned the two pieces of clamped wood in place you only needed to pull >the handle down, push it up, pull-push etc until all operations were done >and then you could move on the next hole. You could drill hundreds of >identical holes and never have to hunt down a chuck key or worry about >drilling to the wrong depth.

European hinges come to mind as well- it would be pretty spiffy to have a small bit and a forsner bit chucked in if you're making a number of doors.

Reply to
Prometheus

Would have to be a very small forstner bit or extremely soft wood. This is a flee power machine.

Reply to
CW

Flee power? Musta been a typo. Anyhow, I've never seen one of these things, but it looks like a big hunk of machinery- are they really that big, and then underpowered?

Reply to
Prometheus

Yah, it's a third horse, and weighs at least 160, possibly more. Getting it outta the trunk by myself was an adventure. :)

Reply to
Tim and Steph