Re: Gil-Bilt Kits

Thought this was interesting, I'd never heard of the Gil Bilt Kits.

I built several of their kits including a 10" table saw, 18" band saw, and a 6" sander back in the late 80's.

I would not recommend the 6" sander, the other stuff got the job done.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I built the 12" band saw - used it for years. It wasn't the best, but it worked.

Then I was working on the table that it was mounted on and it got knocked down and broke the saw table loose from the hinges. Removed all the hardware and sold it (and plans) on ebay...

I hope the guy that bought it had fun making a "new" bandsaw.

Reply to
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe