Re: Garage Floor Cover

i am a firm believer in 'centerline yellow' on the garage floor. yes, the stuff they paint the center lines on the highway with. its bright, dropped items show up easy, can take years of abuse, can be bought fairly cheaply, and its just plain cool.
randy

our
advantages
mobile
and
says...

PJ,
I just received 2 samples of the coin material in the mail today. I'm not sure how this will hold up to mobile carts, especially if you have smaller casters and heavy equipment.
I'm dealing with a 400 lb cabinet saw (soon to be about 600lbs with the new storage cabinet underneath the extension table), a 1100lb mill, and other miscellaneous machines on wheels. I can't see how this stuff wouldn't buckle and possibly tear. The ribbed stuff is thinner, and would probably make for more difficult going. The company has no return policy, so I'd have to purchase a small chunk for about $100 as a test. I'm not comfortable with that.
On the plus side, it's nice material. If you kept your machines stationary, I'm sure this would be a nice alternative to epoxy paint, which if not properly applied will cost you a whole lot more in the long run.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)