Re: FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

Page 3 of 3
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

It's a cartel. Intel owns the chips, MS owns the OS, and IBM owns the hardware and service end. Every time everyone has enough hardware and chip power to run his screwed up OS, MS comes out with a bigger, more bloated, slower system. He provides no backwards support and INTEL sells more chips, IBM gets more royalties and sells more service as nothing Gates has done has ever worked quite right. It's the same old shit over and over. Probably why J. Clark is tired of hearing it.

Win95 was no knockout. It damn near killed Windows. IBM never wanted anything to do with owning the OS that dominated everyones computers so when OS2 was about to kill Windows dead as a doornail, IBM pulled the plug when OS2 was reaching critical mass (million copies a month being sold.)
OS2 was the only version of windows that actually worked. It was bullet proof with a windows interface. Not as strong as UNIX but it had the file system and memory protection required for an OS to work without constant problems. IBM killed it because it didn't fit in with the windows garbage plan that has kept the cartel very rich and famous.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Jack Stein wrote:

Boring. One of these days one of you OS advocates will actually get a fact right and I'll die of shock.
--John

Highly unlikely in this case. His delusional paranoia about Microsoft and Bill Gates has severely warped any possible semblance of reality.
Upscale wrote:

Well then, your moronic complacency about Microsofts illegal monopoly and how it has been mostly detrimental to the computing community at large is underwhelming and nothing more than a testament to herd mentality.
Moreover, your ad Hominem attacks do nothing to bolster your position, even amongst us dumb ass woodworkers.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

As a dumbass woodworker, who enjoys a good off topic discussion from time to time, finds your scathing, arrogant manner totally uncomfortable.
As a dumbass woodworker, I just don't know any better you know, the only way I can escape your relentless vitriol, is to killfile you.
As a dumbass woodworker, I just don't see any alternative.
<Plonk>
Lee A Dumbass Woodworker

Ohhh, I don't know, Lee. There are dumb ass woodworkers and guys like you and I and many others who aren't dumb ass woodworkers. Jack Stein put himself in the dumb-ass category, I don't think he put anybody else in there with him. He could be there all by himself...but that's unlikely. And I don't see you as dumb ass.

Ohhh, I don't know, Lee. There are dumb ass woodworkers and guys like you and I and many others who aren't dumb ass woodworkers. Jack Stein put himself in the dumb-ass category, I don't think he put anybody else in there with him. He could be there all by himself...but that's unlikely. And I don't see you as dumb ass.
------------------------------
Uhhh..., Robatoy...., adjust your sarcasm meter.

David G. Nagel wrote:

IBM sought out Gates, who at the time did not have an OS at all. Why would they do this I wonder? They could have gone straight to Patterson who developed the OS instead of Gates, who had to go Patterson to buy it off of him. Gates had no clue how it even worked...
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Rod & Betty Jo wrote:

Nope, IBM chose his product. Actually, he didn't even have a product when IBM chose his "product".
His competitors for

IBM was not his competitor, IBM was his savior.

Unless you are aware that his millionaire parents, particularly his mom, was tight with the chairman of IBM when they made the unbelievable decision to give him the contract for an operating system he didn't even have until after they gave him the contract.
Incidentally his insistence to own and sell DOS and license it to

Well, we are talking Operating Systems not PC business.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com