Re: FS: Delta DJ-20 jointer

Ok, I give up - I can't read your mind. How about some details and what is "reasonable"???

I'm sorry, let me give you the slower version:
Very lightly used DJ-20 8" jointer. Excellent condition, comes with mag switch and mobile base. No reasonable offer refused. Located in Hamilton, Ontario.

me for shipping address. Is that reasonable?

Hey Doug! Is anyone home? Do you "c o m p r e h e n d" the term "reasonable"? Serious and intelligent people have e-mailed with serious and intelligent questions regarding the jointer. Whats your deal? No Springer on tonight?

Trying to establish what *you* mean by "reasonable". Guess I was too low, huh? OK, I'll give you twenty-FIVE bucks U.S. for it. Is that better?

Geez Doug, lets see, would it be reasonable to swat a fly with a howitzer? Would it be reasonable to get a college education in exchange for a Cracker Jack toy? See Doug, you need to have some level of intelligence to be able to discern what is reasonable based on each individual circumstance. Your $25.00, although I'm sure a good chunk of your weekly wage, just isn't reasonable in this situation.

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca says...

<> (may I call you < ?) Most everyone knows the first rule of negotiation is to wait until the other one opens his/her mouth, but this is ridiculous. You come here, post a FS message, don't use a real name or sign your post, then get all bent out of shape when someone tweaks you a bit.
Maybe you really don't want to sell the jointer after all.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
Was it Shaw and Lady Astor in the famous price negotiation story?
says...

customary to declare one's asking price. You've been asked before to define what you mean by "reasonable" to which you responded with a snide remark, and a repost of your original message. Evidently you lack the ability to comprehend that different people may understand that term in different ways.
It has almost certainly escaped your notice that it may not be common knowledge of what "you" may consider "customary". You obviously have no desire to purchase this equipment, only a desire to create noise. Bravo, you are the champ, now we can move on to those who have an actual interest in this piece.
The analogies of "reasonable" seem to have escaped your notice as well. In North America, I believe most of us have the same understanding of those analogies, and would agree that at this point you are just being an ass.
Ciao

gotta agree with nameless 911 on this one. From having read his prior posts, Doug is knowlegeable of these things and must be having a bad day. IMHO light use on a DJ-20 puts this in the ballpark of US$900 - $1100, depending on age and maintenance (i.e., all rusted up, etc.)

Actually, an alternative custom is to not declare asking price.
When I sell a vehicle, this is what I tend to do (not advertise the price). Best offer takes it. But, I have the right to refuse any offer so folks don't think they can walk away with a 10k car for 20 bucks.
Doesn't always work as people tend to be insistent and ask for at least a ballpark. But, I've found if you stick to your guns, you can usually get a better offer w/out advertising asking price.
Renata
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:08:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:08:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Must be a regional thing.
Here in New England, "best offer", "make offer", and "reasonable offers considered", are commonly considered a price.
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

Doug,
    I'll bet you like taunting wild animals with sticks. [hey Vern!, look at what happens when I hit this here rattler with this stick!] ;-)

No, I know better than that. But I do enjoy sticking pins into gasbags and watching them fly about in all directions, sputtering madly as the gas escapes.
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:10:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

That's funny. I thought that's what the other guy was doing to you.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Isn't that like $1,000,000 Canadian? Sound like a good deal to me.
--
please remove @com.com and change att and dott to @ and .

Thanks, Sam (trying to minimize spam)