Re: Frost your nuts?

Page 1 of 3

Ah yes, The American Thinker, home of Ed Lasky who never met a smear-tactic he didn't like. Say, there's a real credible source, right up there with DailyKOS in terms of believability.
Add pictures here
✖

The scrapping of data stations is being reported in many other places. Rather than shooting the messenger, why not address the actual message?
One reporting station being used for everything north of 65 degrees in Canada's north? A station in Hawaii being used to project data 1200 miles north?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 23, 10:38 am, Dave Balderstone

Well, if there's only one station north of 65, this should result in showing less warming. The temperatures in Canada's north have been clearly and unequivocally warming.
I know, I live here. When I first moved to the Yukon in 1989, we used to have at least 2-3 weeks of 40 below temperatures. Not any more. We actually got a couple of days last year after a few years of the temperatures staying above -35. And we had record hot temperatures last summer. (As did Larry's Oregon)
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/23/2010 11:37 PM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

As the AGW folks are fond of saying, methinks you're "mistaking weather for climate" ...
Hey, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Yabbut 20 years of weather data shows what the climate is. :-)
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Not according to the climatologists. 100 years of temperature data show COOLING, which is clearly "weather." Only when "adjustments" are applied, yielding "warming" do these readings indicate "climate."
Add pictures here
✖
wrote:<snip>

Well, if there's only one station north of 65, this should result in showing less warming. The temperatures in Canada's north have been clearly and unequivocally warming.
I know, I live here. When I first moved to the Yukon in 1989, we used to have at least 2-3 weeks of 40 below temperatures. Not any more. ======================================================= Wow, 20 years of anecdotal "data"!
Add pictures here
✖

There are plenty of stations north of 65, but only one is being used by the AGW proponents.
Add pictures here
✖

Let me guess: the warm one?
Add pictures here
✖

How did you know?
Add pictures here
✖

Just a Lucky guess!
Add pictures here
✖

Did you win any Carbon credits? A handshake from AlBore?
Add pictures here
✖

Al just checked in by e-mail. I can pay his electric bill for next month. :()
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:27:04 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone

Which begs the question: Why the hell are the AGWK proponents doing this when the more measurement points they have, the more precise their model will (can, since they're apparently NOT after precision) be? Also, why haven't all of these global data gathering points been kept up to standards?
--
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado

The most likely answer is they don't have the money. :()
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:30:28 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"

With all the money being collected and/or stolen for AGWK, why isn't some being used for updating their systems? Because working systems would show their little scheme for what it is: a SCAM.
--
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
✖

Because All of it is diverted to pay their slaries.

Which is what happens everytime someone finds a measuring point to tap into.

Add pictures here
✖

Sorry, point taken. I should also use actual climate data data, which I am familiar with as I have done a lot of energy-efficiency related work as an economist.
You can look for yourself at "client normals" or 20-year averages published by Environment Canada. for the 1961-1990 data for Whitehorse, go to http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climate_normals/results_1961_1990_e.html?province=YT&stationID=1527&stationName=&searchType =
and for the 1971-2000 data go to http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climate_normals/results_e.html?Province=YT%20%20&StationName=&SearchType=&LocateBy=Province&Proximity=25&ProximityFrom=City&StationNumber=&IDType=MSC&CityName=&ParkName=&LatitudeDegrees=&LatitudeMinutes=&LongitudeDegrees=&LongitudeMinutes=&NormalsClass=A&SelNormals=&StnId=1617 &
We use this information to calculate degree-days of heating. However, our forecasts of energy use almost always on the high side as the climate normals are outdated. BTW the same amount of warming is present in all (IIRC) weather stations in the Yukon.
And if you want more anecdotal data, When I first moved to the Yukon, the presence of cougars was not established and there were very few deer. Now, we see deer all the time and there have been documented attacks by cougars on people.
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:02:46 -0800 (PST), Luigi Zanasi

And there were sable tooth tigers wandering about. Then the sun cooled off and many things disappeared. I don't think humans were to blame for the hot spell before the Ice Age were they?
I try not to consume more than I need by driving economical vehicles and live in an economical house, I recycle stuff, but I take vacations 1,500 miles from home. I did not breed so maybe my carbon dioxide footprint is less than someone who had 5 kids? Nothing against having kids, it just did not happen for us. So if that meteor hits and screws things up taking out a few billion people then what? Or are the billions and billions of people over in China going to screw up the Earth's wobble and cause disastrous climate change? :-)
Add pictures here
✖

How do you propose to do that, when the raw data has been deleted and all that remains is the "adjusted" data? You *can't* use actual climate data. It no longer exists.
Actually, actual *climate* data never did exist: we've had reasonably accurate means of measuring the temperature for approximately 0.00000025 percent of the age of this planet. Any actual *data* that we ever had is *weather* data, not climate data -- and the climate figures for 300 or 1000 or 3000 years ago are estimates, not data.
Add pictures here
✖