Re: FOUND A HANDY SHOP TOOL

Tools like that have been commonplace and found in stores that sell products for the disabled for years. I own three variations of your example. As small as picking up a dime from the floor or a different grabber for changing a light bulb that is normally out of reach, it's all just matter of asking the right person what they use. :)

My brother built one just like it. He used it to handle rattlesnakes. No fooling. George
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

I've found the business end of a shovel to be a more cost-effective and permanent solution to that problem. :-)
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 06:00:37 GMT, Mark & Juanita
| snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says... |> My brother built one just like it. He used it to handle rattlesnakes. |> No fooling. George |> |> | | I've found the business end of a shovel to be a more cost-effective and |permanent solution to that problem. :-)
That's what I use too. A square one of course.
T. wrote:

Congratulations, JOAT. You're officially a geezer now. I can't look at one of those things without remembering my dear, departed great aunt.
She jumped out of a hay loft as a girl, and dislocated both of her hips. Nobody ever noticed. The balls on the ends of her femurs wore new sockets into the bones of her hips, and she got around pretty well for awhile. Eventually, the awkward angle of her legs blew out her knees, so she had to get knee replacements done back in the '60s. She had huge railroad track scars from the middle of her shins halfway up her thighs. This bought her some good years, but not many. By the '70s she was having real trouble getting around again. She spent most of her life dependant on a walker. Eventually got the hips replaced, but it was too little, way too late, and she never walked without pain.
She used those things to get to cans on the top shelf, to get pans out from under the cupboard, etc. and so forth. She had a dozen of them.
I miss you, Edith. You picked a strange messenger.
"T." wrote:

Sounds like the one my brother tells, about the wife who came home with 3 mail boxes. They were on sale.
I use a similar device to pick up pine burrs. My pickup magnet is a 3/4' rare earth magnet on the end of a length of broomstick. Not only picks up dropped screws but finds odd bits of metal, metal shavings and filings that I wish had stayed lost.
--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA