Re: Flat Earth Theory To Be Taught In Science Classes

Page 2 of 4

dinosaur
that
superimposed
If my

Yeah - I discovered that as I did some google searches. I was not happy having to reply as vaguely as I did so I went looking for the story and discovered that everybody, including those who most wanted it to be true, have conceded that it was a fake.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Not everybody has conceded it was a fake, Dr. Carl E. Baugh has been making some wild claims and is supposedly doing research at Taylor Trail again. Unfortunately, he's destroyed many of the tracks by pouring plaster into some and then using hammers and chisels to remove the casting instead of using rubber castings. A huge chunk of plaster still remains in one fo the tracks at Ryals Trail that he and some associates poured.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7

Sorry - should have put this in my previous reply...
There are cave drawings all over the place that depict dinosaurs. To my "creationist" (as I've been dubbed...) mind, there is enough circumstantial evidence for me to assume that man and dinosaur did coinhabit, since I don't give credit to coyotes and apes to be able to create those drawings.
And - while I'm at it... I did find a plethora of articles which debunked what I had read years ago about the human footprint superimposed on the dinosaur print.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On 10/9/2005 3:29 PM Mike Marlow mumbled something about the following:

Cave drawings don't even come close to circumstantial evidence that they existed together.
http://www.answersincreation.org/pioneers.htm
--
Odinn
RCOS #7
Mike Marlow wrote:

Again, where? I've seen lots of sytlized game of various types, but nothing that even remotely resembles a dinosaur...

Do a quick google search Duane. There's a ton of stuff - pictures of the ancient drawings, etchings on pottery, etc. I guess it could remain arguable whether one agrees that they are pictures of dinosaurs or "stylized game", and really - at that point which one of us would really know? A good number of the stylizations though, bear a striking resemblance to what we now consider to be what some of the dinosaurs looked like.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:19:32 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I used to have some magazines containing drawings of women by a guy named Vargas.
I never took this to be proof that such women actually existed.

"stylized
good
Well, for the sake of argument, it might well be proof enough that Vargas had indeed seen a woman, wouldn't it?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:48:25 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Actually, the drawings could be used as evidence that he had never seen a real one.
Mike Marlow wrote:

You have obviously never seen a 'Vargas woman' drawing. Even the most perfect of today's, or yesterday's, beauties fall way short of the idealization he drew. No woman has ever looked like that, nor is one likely to, so it might be sensibly argued that all his visions of women were in his head, well protected from reality, about like some of the concepts expressed on here.
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 17:37:37 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

Sigh. Ever hear the phrase "morphogenetic space?" I didn't think so. Triceratops and rhinoceros, and some wierd Miocene critters, plus others I don't recall at the moment. Big grazers with horns on their schnozzes. Evolution led to all of them, by natural selection. It takes a special mind to see apatosaurus in a cave painting, which cave has game bones in it. Wake up and smell the fricken' coffee.

we
Ya know - this is precisely what I was commenting on earlier. Like I said, I have no horse in this race, but it is evident that simple discourse, questions, and potentially an element of my belief that may differ from your belief, seriously threatens you and others with a response style such as yours. I've admitted that I don't have the ammunition to do battle on this field, but that does not stop me from holding a certain curiosity. It is rather amazing to watch the over-reactions like this that suggest a certain sense of being threatened much more than they suggest a greater enlightenment.
BTW - thanks for the wake up call - I love the smell of coffee...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Mike, that reply may have been a little gruff, but the facts it stated are true. Usenet as a whole is a little short on politeness, but that's just something we all have to get used to. If some particular individual is grossly impolite, folks just tend not to read his/her posts.
If you really want to see some impolite replies, ask what color latex paint you should use on cherry furniture :-).
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:08:11 -0700, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Cherry Jell-O, of course :)

Nope. Kool-Aid. I just read it today.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

You're the one making the claim, not I...
As I said, I've never seen anything that would unequivocabbly invoke "dinosaur".
Duane Bozarth wrote:

That is, what about a reference to a published peer-reviewed journal article?
Editorial cartoon on ID at http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/po / Certainly as valid as DI publications
Steve

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:29:32 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

References, please. Hint: it's bunk.

Tons of stuff in Peru and the southwest USA. Why do you say it's bunk? Admittedly, I didn't do any exhaustive research on this stuff, but I didn't see any claims against the stuff.