Re: First Woodcraft class

It looks like you are already one lesson ahead for the router basics class. Have fun.
"Joe Wells" said:

FWIW - When a business offers {and ESPECIALLY if they charge a fee} a class it is inexcusable when THEY don't do their 'prep work' ahead of time.
I can understand if there is a 'family emergency' or some sort of accident. However, a fishing trip to Canada is something that is obviously planned IN ADVANCE. The fact that whoever the EMPLOYEE was who 'set-up' the equipment was either so careless, or unfamiliar with the equipment that he {or the store manager, either}, didn't bother to check the work is another screaming 'WARNING' !! With a very high speed cutter, this could be a very DANGEROUS situation.
While I have not made 'Raised Panel Doors', I am familiar with the theory/materials and have used 'wing' bits. Milling the 'basic stock' is simply making some straight TS cuts - a '$6.oo/ hour employee' chore - an hour of time, at most.
I may be over-simplifying, but I've reached the point that I REFUSE to accept 'Bullshit', shoddy work, or unacceptable behavior from so-called 'Professionals'. If someone is going to 'teach me something' I expect them to KNOW MORE than I do, ant this INCLUDES 'Safety Practices' and 'Preparation'.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {Have you ever gone to a 'Craft Show' and seen 'rough cut, lightly sanded, sloppily painted, idiotic 4 pieces of wood nailed together junk' being SOLD for $30.oo a piece !!}