Re: eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Seat Frames

Page 3 of 3

Good color match on the upholstery. They really came out nice. Thanks for all the pictures you post, it inspires me to head to the shop.
Mike M
On 1/23/2013 6:06 PM, Mike M wrote:

Thanks, Mike ... me being color challenged to the max, Linda picked out the upholstery. I brought her along thinking she needed to approve the color like she does my ties and socks, and, as luck would have it, and ever the nosy female, she went through the upholstery shop's scrap bin and found just enough to do the job in her color of choice.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Well, I certainly hoped you got a discount for pulling the needed materials out of their scrap bin. ;)
I am not color blind, but I might as well be in my house. NOBODY wins a color argument with my honey. A total no win situation. She's a quilter and know a couple hundred colors by name!
Good looking bar stools. They look good and I am absolutely certain that they match something else in the room/house.
Got a question for you. I noticed that you had 10 curved pieces in various pictures. The final result seems to be 4 bar stools (using 8 of those curved pieces). That would mean one of two things. a) You have a fifth bar stool someplace hiding. (a backup, maybe?) Or b), you used a belt and suspenders approach and cut a couple extra pieces just in case Murphy paid you a visit. Am I close or is there a mysterious third reason? :)
As far as the comfort factor goes, they are bar stools. If you sit long enough in them to get uncomfortable, pour yourself another drink! Comfort will be restored.
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Of course she did ... that what they live for, right.

Thanks. Yes they do ... Although what, I'm not sure.

When doing anything that requires a fussy, time consuming setup that may be difficult to duplicate, like identically curved and mortised components of a chair, I try to make at least two extra of each part. Having them on hand is the only way to insure you won't need them.
I dinged one back leg in the routing, and used one of the front legs for a project mortise "setup block", so am two legs short of having enough parts for another stool, But, I also have extra leg blank stock ... who knows when the muse strikes and I may need a stool for the shop.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 1/23/2013 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:

Damn Nice

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718721007604562
A place to lift my leg and act like a male dog????

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836720276036909474
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718095818981458
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836719778850645682
--
Jeff

On 1/23/2013 6:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

It would have be an act ... she often lifts both hind legs at the same time and stands on her front legs to pee. Must have some skunk in there somewhere.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/23/2013 7:52 PM, Swingman wrote:

Ok, now that's a wierd one, doesn't she wet herself that way.
My male dog will squat like a female when there's no tree or other item to mark, and that will sometimes get his paw wet...
--
Jeff

It's not like she's doing a handstand, both hind feet simply levitate about 3 or 4" off the ground at the same time, and she pee's ... like it's no big deal. You got me ...

I'll try to snap a photo. It's pretty hilarious to see. Her back feet also sometimes come off the floor when she's eating.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

I have never seen anything like that or heard of it. Maybe she has some circus dog in her. I bet it causes people to do a double take when they see that sort of thing.
On 1/24/2013 12:36 AM, Lee Michaels wrote: have never seen anything like that or heard of it. Maybe she has some

Apparently it is not all that unusual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T06DEET-5Do

Pandi is not near the exhibitionist this pup is, she's downright dainty about it; and she doesn't move, just stands in one spot. Class act.
(must be related to that gal in school, pretty good looking country girl, but not a class act, who would bet you she could pee higher on a tree than you could if you didn't use your hands ... she could!) ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/24/2013 8:57 AM, Swingman wrote:

Back in my tender years I once went canoeing with some friends on the Delaware River. There were 10 of us, a guy and a girl in each of five rented boats. We came across a tiny island in the middle of the river; a hump maybe 100' long by 40' wide, covered in tall grass.
On the upriver side were three men, pants at half-mast, returning the beer back to the Earth near their raft. We all chuckled as we floated by.
A half minute later we reached the downriver tip of the island, where we found the distaff side of the rafting party: three women, pants around their knees, butts to the sky.
Six friends relieving themselves on a glorious summer afternoon in view of passers-by and all Creation, but hidden from each other. Funny creatures, we humans.

Very nice, I'm impressed. Dog likes them too!