Re: eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Seat Frames

Page 1 of 3
On 10/27/2012 2:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

Ready for webbing and upholstery:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5834106345602938562
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/16/2013 11:58 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5834106345602938562
Well that looks cool! Find your guy yet?
On 1/16/2013 12:32 PM, Leon wrote:

Yeah, just walked back in from delivering the seat frames to him. He's older than I remember. LOL
Nice working in the shop this morning at this temperature (48-50F). Started from scratch, and finished, those seat web frames before lunch and never broke a sweat.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

As always, superb work.
--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx

Take my word for it; the pictures don't do them justice. They even have a hidden "keyed in" feature that you won't find on most of this type of furniture.
Seriously, Karl's work is superb. Those frames look like they were built in a machine shop then finished to look like wood.
Between him and Leon they could give a fella a complex!
Robert

Hey... Good to see you!
On 1/18/2013 10:42 PM, Leon wrote:

NO kidding ...
Wabbut, he too es spensive!
LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I like that you routed the top, that has to make for a better upholstery job.
Mike M
Upholstered web frames attached.
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718721007604562
Ummm ... what is this??
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836720276036909474
In designated location ... only took ten years.
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718095818981458
The general idea behind the madness ...
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836719778850645682
Onward through the fog ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718721007604562
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836720276036909474
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718095818981458
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836719778850645682
They look great, The stain turned out nicely. 96 to go! :-)
On 1/23/2013 1:42 PM, Leon wrote:

CREDITS: Compliments of the "recreational woodworking" group, of the "commercial kitchen cabinet builders" group. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

They look great especially in that wonderful surrounding!
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/23/2013 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718721007604562
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836720276036909474
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836718095818981458
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopMissionBarStool#5836719778850645682
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it. :)
On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.
Don't want them to be too comfortable. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/23/2013 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 1/23/2013 2:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Anytime you're in the city or general vicinity, the phone is easy to find ... also being musicians, who at one time traveled over the country gigging, we are still a well known way station for the underground couch circuit, sometimes putting up entire road bands. :)
BTW, if you answer the phone while you're hear, and it's Yoko, I don't want to talk. LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/23/2013 4:01 PM, Swingman wrote:

Houston's a little out of my usual orbit. I listened to a couple of the music samples by the way. Sounds good. Have you ever thought to combine your interests and build yourself a bass?
I found a couple of intersection points between your repertoire and my informal "life list" by the way. Some years (decades?) back I played a dozen or so gigs a year with a group that did "Sugar Moon" and "Miles and Miles of Texas". They did a pretty eclectic mix of styles and didn't exactly have the proper lineup for Western Swing, but it was fun nonetheless. A piano player can afford to be pretty active in that sort of material, especially when there's no fiddle player to step on his uh, fingers. :)
On 1/24/2013 8:49 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

When my main axe remains, to this day, a '61 Fender Jazz ... why would I want to do that? :)
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rVkv3kxV_hE/UQFUO4xwcJI/AAAAAAAARHI/0OsIZdRQPzs/s1280/synderweek+024.JPG
Kidding aside, nothing about building a musical instrument of any kind has ever appealed to me. Although I am totally impressed with violin makers and mandolin luthiers, if nothing else but for the _size_ of their projects ... which becomes more appealing which each passing day. :)
--
On 1/24/13 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rVkv3kxV_hE/UQFUO4xwcJI/AAAAAAAARHI/0OsIZdRQPzs/s1280/synderweek+024.JPG
Hey, you know you guys are all wearing the same shirt, right? :-p

Turner and I have had a go at building drums, including the shells. His are particularly exquisite. It's really a labor of love, because after all the time and effort involved, you would have to charge about $1k to make any profit and very few people are interested in a snare drum that costs that much.... unless it's from the 20's and all you can to is look at it. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 1/24/2013 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

On the festival circuit, here and in Europe, a certain uniformity commands bigger bucks. That being the case, individuality can be more profitably expressed in boots and belt buckles. :)