Re: Drilling Method

Using a grace and bit or a spade bit, you start the hole from each side and let them meet in the middle.Does NOT work with a twist drill bit.
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:02:47 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Sir Edgar) wrote:

Sounds interesting, but I probably would forget to move my finger.
Preston

in
oak -

hole
thinking,
finger
that
And if you do forget the first time, you won't forget any of the subsequent times!
I agree that a brad point bit will start the hole better, but I'm saying there's no access for the drill from the one side.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote in message

That sounds kind of dangerous to me. I focus on holding the drill perpendicular to the board, and it works good enough.. Also, a drill press is the ultimate ass kicker for accurately drilling holes.
jim wilson wrote:

Heh. On Sunday, I was in a hurry, and I didn't want to change jigs. The result was that I tried five times, and failed five times, to drill three holes the same distance from the edge of a small piece of wood, on my DP.
Then I locked up the shop and found something else to do.
I told him his train was just going to have to wait. When you get into a downward spiral like that, your work quality just ain't gonna get any better.