Re: Dremel Customer Service - Outstanding (must be taking lessons from Lee Valley)

I agree, Dremel is a quality outfit. I bought my first tool real cheap in a pawn shop and figured out why it was hocked the first time I used it. The coupler was bad. I figured this was some kind of unobtanium. To my surprise every part in this thing is on the Dremel web site and pretty cheap. For about $5 (shipped) I had new couplers and brushes, the only other suspect parts when I took it apart. Since then I have bought some other Dremel tools, comfortable that I can always get parts easily.
I doubt they will miss your business. They have sold millions of these things to mostly satisfied customers. The first one I had lasted for 12 years. The one I have now is twelve years old.

Jim,
Wondering about it won't solve the problem. Click here http://www.dremel.com/html/home_fr.html and click on Customer Service or call 1-800-437-3635 (7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday) and give them a chance to respond. My minor complaint was over a $6.75 item - peanuts compared to the cost of two Dremel tools.
Perhaps they had a bad batch of bearings ?
Ring their bell and report back what happens...
Bob S.

I agree about the hobby status. I was using it mainly for building RC airplanes.
I now use a air powered die grinder. Overkill, but I always have enough power! <g> -- Jim in NC

Damn !
I forgot all about my near-thirty-year-old Craftsman high speed quarter-horsepower grinder . . . worked great hogging out intake and exhaust runners when I was 'tweaking' Spridget cylinder heads back in the early 70s. Blew up a bunch of stones . . .
I need to unearth that beast and see if it still runs . . . got a pile of .032" 2024-T3 aluminum sheets I need to turn into servo arms, control horns, and bell cranks. I was pretty sure the Dremel wouldn't care for that stuff . . . Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

I bought their Model 1680 scroll saw on clearance at Lowes last year. It had been the display model and all documents and a couple of parts were missing. I sent them an email asking where I could buy the manual and parts, and the reply email only asked for my postal address. I got the manual, complete parts list and a brand new catalog about three days later. I'm quite happy with both the saw and the service.
Bob McConnell N2SPP