Re: Dovetail a drawer

upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If you head out to the shop to actually do what you watched Mr. Klausz do you'll quickly discover that though you are sure you remember what you watched, you didn't - even if you watched the tape a couple of times. He covers a LOT of ground. I went through the tape - lets just say several times - and put together instructions based on what I watched and heard. Might find it useful
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/DovetailDrawer/DovetailDrawer0.html
charlie b

to put together ever since I bought the tape. I got from the library, watched it, tried it, went back to the tape, tried it... by the fifth iteration I decided it would probably be prudent to buy the tape.
I haven't pulled them out for a while. Is that the one where he grabs that great big bow saw to demonstrate that it's possible with any old saw? I ended up buying just about all his vids and that one might be from the "tune your tools" tape.
I like Frank. I don't think I'd last ten minutes as one of his students but I like watching his tapes.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > charlie b

It's nice to have it in your own library - but playing it in the shop while you're trying to watch the video means a TV and VCR in the shop - which, in my case, would soon mean the death of the tape, the VCR and maybe the TV (dust). Having a printed copy of the procedure on your bench hopefully works better.

Not on his Making a Handcut Dovetail Drawer tape. Tage Fried used a bow saw - and uses it in one of his 20 minute tapes. On one of them he sharpens his chisel on an upside down belt sander - with maybe an 80 grit belt on it. Sparks flying EVERYWHERE.

Will let that one go.
charlie b