On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:59:23 -0500 (EST), firstname.lastname@example.org
(T.) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
i built one of these about 5 months ago for something to do, and while
i cant say mine turned out great, i can tell you what possibly not to
waste time on during your planning. . .
make your disk from 2 layers of MDF...plywood does not spin real nice
IE: unbalanced due to all the voids...was mistake #1 for me
trying to get the paper to stick to the disk was my second
adventure... do yourself a favor, and once you get your disk made and
able to run it on the arbor, true it up with a block of wood wrapped
in sandpaper. once you get that done, get yourself some of that
rustoleum hammered finish paint. i used the spray on stuff myself.
it cures real hard, and allows you to get the PSA backed disks. not a
real leap in price, and much easier to apply than spray
its an ongoing project here, so let me know how yours goes, and i'll
do the same.