Re: Design Ideas for Round Table Top

Does he want the layout in a radial pattern? Like the spokes of a wheel? You could do that with quarter sawn white oak, but the wood wastage might be significant. Or maybe not.
A four foot diameter table top would need two foot long pieces of qswo. Say five inches wide - cut diagonal join the two pieces together and you'd end up with a triangle ten inches on the base by two feet high. Not too much waste. Repeat, dowel them all together and then cut the circle.
--
I can find no modern furniture that is as well designed and emotionally
satisfying as that made by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early years

Thanks Bob, I'll do just that. JG
BobS wrote:

Hi Ed, Interesting idea, but what happens with seasonal changes in humidity when the boards grow( shrink) in size? Cheers, JG