Re: Delta 10" Band Saw. Blade walks all over the place.

Sounds like the teeth "set" is more agressive on one side. Normal with most bandsaw blades. Try letting it follow your line by cutting freehand, then adjust your fence at that angle.

Greetings All, I just purchased (and used) a 10" Delta Band saw. I > tensioned the blade so that it does not deflect more than 1/4" inch > when I push on the blade laterally with moderate force. However, when > I cut hard wood (poplar in this case, about 1 1/4" thick) the blade > will not track my pencil line nicely, it tends to walk in a direction > other than the one I intended it to walk? Is this the normal behavior > for a low end band saw, am I possibly doing something wrong? I > understand the cut will never be perfect but after I make my cut it is > so jagged that I have to pull out the drum sander and have it to smooth > things out. Any input would be greatly appreciated. > > TFD >
Reply to
ks

Sorry for not being clear. I am using the saw free hand, I was cutting a curve when I first noticed this issue. I have not even tried cutting anything straight with the fence yet.

Reply to
LineVoltageHalogen