Re: Dead center/live center lathe question

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:16:02 -0700, R.H. wrote:

"The Lathe Book" by Ernie Conover says "There are two types of tailstock centers: dead centers and live centers".
He then goes on to to describe and explain the differences and advantages/disadvantages of each.
The "drive center" goes in the headstock and is different from dead centers and live centers.
-Doug
--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between

A live center, like other living things, moves (in this case, spins). A dead center, like other dead things, doesn't move.
John