Re: Cyclone lid for garbage can dust collector/shopvac question

I saw in the Lee Valley catalog where they have a lid that fits on a garbage

> can (for 29.95). It shows a hose coming from your tool to the can and > another hose from the lid going to your shopvac. It is suppose to collect > 90% of the planer/saw dust in the can first before it goes into the vac. > Do any of you have an opinion if these lids really work? I don't have the > room for a big dust collection system. > Thanks for your opinions.
Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I have one and use it with my Delta 13 inch planer and a small shop vac. Works fine. Fills the barrel with shavings in a hurry and the shop vac seldom needs to be emptied.

Dump the garbage can when it's a little over half full if you can remember - once it gets too full the shavings go into the shop vac or else the whole thing just clogs up.

That's my change-the-can indicator - if it starts leaving shavings in the jointer, the garbage can is getting too full.

Try it - you'll like it.

/// Smokey

Smokey

ooops - Planer - not jointer

Smokey

Dave, Drop me a line on this collector lid if you want one really cheap. I bought one years ago when I first started out and never used it. We'll talk on the side if you want.

Eric

e l m w o o d ( a t ) w a v e c o m p u t e r s ( d o t ) n e t

Reply to
elmwood

Reply to
JGS