Re: Cyclone lid for garbage can dust collector/shopvac question

those lids work for DC; I doubt they would work with a Shop Vac. I use one with a 750CFM DC and it does cut down the efficiency, but it more than makes up for that by preventing clogs at the impeller or anything nasty slamming into said impeller. Plus it's way easier to dump the trashcan than it is to dump the lower bag of the DC. It should get MORE than 90% of the dust. I hardly ever have to empty the bag in the DC.
David wrote:

vac. Works fine. Fills the barrel with shavings in a hurry and the shop vac seldom needs to be emptied.
Dump the garbage can when it's a little over half full if you can remember - once it gets too full the shavings go into the shop vac or else the whole thing just clogs up.
That's my change-the-can indicator - if it starts leaving shavings in the jointer, the garbage can is getting too full.
Try it - you'll like it.
/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /
ooops - Planer - not jointer

/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /
Dave, Drop me a line on this collector lid if you want one really cheap. I bought one years ago when I first started out and never used it. We'll talk on the side if you want.
Eric
e l m w o o d ( a t ) w a v e c o m p u t e r s ( d o t ) n e t
Hi Dave, I have the small model which fits on a 5 gal pail and it works just fine with a shop vac. I have not used it since I bought a Oneida system. Which reminds me, I have the small model for sale. So if you are interest and live in the Ottawa area (I know that's not you BAD) email me. Remove the "Stamp" from address. Cheers, JG