RE: Cutting Small Parts on a Table Saw

Enjoy
Lew ---------------------------------- View this week's Woodsmith Tip Video online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/7fdd-144706
Lew Hodgett wrote:

In other words, if you've got a small part, keep it off the table saw.
--
Gerald Ross

Confidence is the feeling you have
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 07:20:34 -0800, RonB wrote:

You're not alone. I did the same thing a couple of years ago.
But having experience with emergency rooms, I knew all they would do was clean the wound and bandage it - I chose to stay home and treat it myself. But my tetanus shot was up to date.
BTW, non-stick bandages are great! Something hospitals don't seem to have discovered. Last time they treated a damaged finger for me, changing the bandages they used was the most painful part of the whole process.

I thought about skipping the hospital but I was pretty sure it got into the bone. It did, so they had to give me antibiotics. I found out years ago that dirty bone injuries are a good way to get into all kinds of infections.
RonB

Aw, heck. Just dip the stub into the car battery and it's good as new. Debrided and everything! A swish of Betadine, a swab of Bacitracin, butterfly it closed, and walk it off. Nexxxxxxxxxxt!
-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Unless you're allergic to iodine, then use phisohex for swishing.
Sonny

You're not alone. I did the same thing a couple of years ago.
But having experience with emergency rooms, I knew all they would do was clean the wound and bandage it - I chose to stay home and treat it myself. But my tetanus shot was up to date.
BTW, non-stick bandages are great! Something hospitals don't seem to have discovered. Last time they treated a damaged finger for me, changing the bandages they used was the most painful part of the whole process. ************************************** I reached across a blade that was too high still under full power. Thumb almost to the bone.
Did you snip all the damaged meat out before closing it? They did, for me. I had a nice saw kerf in my thumb before they closed it. As far as non stick bandages go, yeah. big help. They did not have much like that in 1984.
-- Jim in NC

Nice technique. I love safe thoughts. I have a lampshade to build with many small parts. This will surely help.