Re: Curious about E-bay

Charles,
E-bay now has an internal message system that they use to confirm messages.It goes like this they email you a message to your email address and your internal ebay message center at the same time.If you don't get both, then the email message if fake. that way they no longer try to stop fake messages on the web(to time consuming and expensive)
Len
leonard wrote:

The only ebay messages I ever get that aren't fake are those telling me an auction is ending.
look in my ebay , on the column to the left is list, one is my messages that the one I'm talking about.
len
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:19:20 -0400, "leonard"

so now the spammers have to get to work on hacking the ebay message system....

I've given up using personal eMail when buying and selling on eBAY and only use the eBay message system. Reason being that ISPs have introduced spam traps in response to the spam plague, and users don't maintain/manage you end up chasing comms round and round trying to get in touch.
Steve
Steve wrote:

Easy solution for me--no timely response, no bid...
Duane Bozarth wrote in wrote:

The internet used to be a pretty cool thing. It still in in some cases, but the spammers/spyware crowd have just about destroyed it.
--
Michael Burton
Thunderbird Hardwoods
Michael Burton wrote: ...

That's a pretty far stretch...sure, there's a lot of trash and spam, but it's far from "destroyed"...

Well, spammers are a problem, but spyware is only possible if you choose to run Windows and Internet Explorer. If you keep windows, use Firefox. Or go to Linux or Mac and enjoy _zero_ spyware. Spyware only exists on inherently insecure systems (Windows).
Dave Hinz wrote in wrote:

I actually did switch to Firefox a few months ago and have been amazed at the difference. I also run Zone Alarm Pro and keep my machine in "Stealth" mode, which cuts out the access attemps from outside. Eventualluy something will be done I think. A few more years and people will be losing too much money for it to be bearable. Hacking into the Banking Industry's databases in probably the biggest threat to consumers. But I digress.... back to woodworking. :-)
--
Michael Burton
Thunderbird Hardwoods