Re: Compressed air lines

Page 2 of 2

And yet, when I'm guessing, I say so rather than pretending I'm stating fact. Ahem.
In typed:

So by your philosophy it's easier to go through life guessing rather than finding out the facts.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

hmmmmm...Not easier, but how many facts have been discovered because somebody acted on a hunch or followed up a guess?
As long as the guess is presented clarly as one, there should be lots of room for them.
I say this as somebody who continually gets pissed off with my wife. She, apparently is Intuitive, and I am Sensate. She makes AN answer, while I stand around and try to find out THE answer. We both get it wrong...<G>
Old Nick wrote:

But I'll bet only ONE of you is really, REALLY wrong. ;-)
-- Mark
On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:19:00 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
......and in reply I say!:

Not quite said right. One of us is _always_ really really wrong :-<
Groggy wrote:

Is that stuff similar to the tubing seen in soda dispensing systems?
If so, it'll probably work fine.
How much would copper cost for the identical installation?
Barry

Hate to say it BUT I think you missed the part of Greg's post where he stated that he used polyethelene. PVC is polyvinyl chloride.
Polyethelene != PVC.
scott

My only comment is about their flow rates. AFAICS there was no distance given. ??? Makes a lot of difference.

I haven't seen any information of flow rates either. However, the bore is the same smoothness as PVC so the is very little friction to slow it down, certainly smoother than pipe.
Advertising blurbs from a number of companies found during a google claim higher flow rates - without giving specific details.
Greg

Initial thought is it is too expensive (but I haven't checked prices). I suggest you look at Lew Hodgett's post earlier in this thread.
cheers,
Groggy

That looks to basically be PEX pipe. I have PEX in my RV. I just don't see PEX shattering like PVC. This looks like a good idea if the joints can be made leak free.
Brian Elfert

Brian, I have tested the lines over two days and nights at 150psi. It has dropped two pounds and I am wondering if that may be due to temperature/settling of the new lines.
Greg (who is rather happy so far)

Where I work we do hydronic floor heat with PEX tubing. When pressure testing it the tubing will expand slightly. Also temperature changes will effect the pressures too. If you have had 150 PSI in it for 48 hours and only dropped 2 PSI, it ain't leaking! We do gas piping too. The inspections department requires a 10 minute test at 25 PSI with NO drop. Trust me, you have it covered! Greg