re: cheap black walnut in NJ

Google wasn't allowing me to post a followup to the original thread (too old I think) so I'm posting the followup under this new title. Please see the link below for the old thread.

those who followed the thread, the tree is now down. Thank you Jerry and others who offered contacts who might be willing to remove it for free in exchange for the timber. As it turns out, I paid the local company to remove it because it was a delicate job. Cost a bunch, but it was safely and neatly done. As one poster suggested, I did not have the logs removed. Instead, I had them cut into the largest pieces that I could reasonably have lying around. Hence I now have about 6 20"+ diam. 6-8 ft long black walnut logs. All straight, all in good shape. Anybody interested? It will take 4 strong men to lift a single log and put in a pickup truck. If you cut them up, obviously less manpower needed, but that would be a shame. I live in Northern NJ, near Morristown. Looking to sell cheap and recoup some of my felling expense. How about some woodworking equipment in trade? I will help as much as I can, but you really need at least 3 -4 strong guys and a very heavy pickup, if you want them whole.

Steve

Reply to
sw

> For those who followed the thread, the tree is now down.

Reply to
Wilson