Re: Celtic Piano Music Stand

It looks really nice, but short. My average music book is 12" tall and some are taller. Nothing worse than the top half of your book flopping away from you when you're playing. And very often I need to spread out many pages of music, so I don't like it when the stand isn't long enough. But if you're making a replacement then you've got existing constraints.
Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished!
- Owen -
I used the old one's outer dimensions it is 28 inches across and 7-1/2 inches at it's tallest point. Across I'm constrained by the existing attaching points, height probably only by proportion, the piano is a short upright.
Mike Watch for the bounce. If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. If ya see it, it didn't go off. Old Air Force Munitions Saying

A couple of small holes drilled in the top near the outside corners and a hoop of piano wire that can be inserted when needed for the flimsy scores would provide some high support without detracting from the design. Tilt the holes slightly forward to compensate for the flexibility of the wire.
Bob McConnell N2SPP