Re: Cat problem

Tnx for all the ideas, except the one about eating the cat. I suspect now, as some have said, that it probably is not necessary to provide heat. A good enclosure, insulated in some way, will be good enough. As one person said, they are used to living outdoors and even some heat may be too much. So this year I think it will be only an insulated enclosure. And we had hail this afternoon so old man winter can't be far away. Tnx all, Ken, makin dust in NS

Reply to
ken

Well I didn't really expect you to eat the cat. I suggested the reptile heater to make up for it which was a very good idea. By the way, if I hadn't mentioned cooking the darn thing, Joat might not have posted that hilarious cat cooking link.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin L. Bowling

Since you're feeding him, and sheltering him, Why don't ya take him to the vet and fix 'em too? Seems like either you've adopted him, or he's adopted you. It's the responsible thing to do AND he won't wander or fight as much.

Reply to
NFrames

Thats a great idea except I don't want to be the one to catch him and put him in the car. He is very friendly when he is on the porch. As soon as you are anywhere else ie in the garage or out in the yard he will not come near you. I have seen coyotes and foxes in our back yard and I suspect he is VERY nervous. I'm actually surprised he has lasted this long. There is no other cats around here so taking away some of his parts is not really necessary and besides as a fellow male I'm somewhat uncomfortable with this. Ken, making dust in NS PS He adopted us!

Reply to
ken

We had a nblack and white cat that could hide from NOTHING and didn't try. I saw German Shepards walk by and keep an eye on him in case he (cat) got mad or angry. That was one tough cat.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I think that cat's a keeper...Fix him. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

There is no other cats around here

No, there is no other cats around here you know of/see. It there's one, there's more.

Get over it. Be responsible! Cat overpopulation doesn't do anyone any good, the cats, the other critters, etc.

Reply to
NFrames

I don't believe that neutering males serves to keep the population under control. When a female comes into heat, some male will find her.

That's different if the cats are confined of course.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt