Re: Can you think of a safer way to cut a tiny piece of wood on a table saw?

> Factual opinions accepted.

> > > Hand waving generalizations without =A0specific criticism to the points > > given below will indicate the poster's lack of knowledge of kickback > > and danger to fingers. > > > Forget what you know about RAS and its inherent danger when you pull > > the blade towards you or when you rip with it. > > > This saw is NOT a RAS as configured. > > > 1> =A0What is the potential danger for kickback when using a slide tabl= e > > and a screw hold down? > > > 2> =A0What is the potential danger to the operator's =A0fingers if the > > operator pushes the slide table from the sides of the table and there > > is a slide stop well short of the blade? > > > This is the saw video: > > >
> > Notice that the chips are not a problem. > > > Watch where the hands are placed. > > You're going to get the same comments you got before. > Seems like you're looking for applause for your dangerous solution to a > non-existent problem. > > I'll say it again, buy a band saw. > > -- > > =A0 -MIKE- > > =A0 "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" > =A0 =A0 =A0--Elvin Jones =A0(1927-2004) > =A0 -- > =A0
=A0 snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com > =A0 ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

I'll say it again:

Hand waving generalizations without specific criticism to the points given below will indicate the poster's lack of knowledge of kickback and danger to fingers.

If you have some substantive to offer, fine.

Otherwise, go away, your worthless comments are not needed.

BoyntonStu

See Mike's post as an example of an intelligent person making valid points.

Reply to
boyntonstu