Re: Can you help me? Portable furniture again

On my last consulting stint I built dining, coffee, and end tables

>using essentially the same design using "I-beam" trestles (2x4 top and >bottom, 2x6 center upright) with a single longitudinal stringer using >bed-rail hooks to attach the stringer to the trestles. An inexpensive >(undrilled) door worked for the tops. I have one of the trestles in >the shop and will try to remember to take a photo today.

Have link to a picture of this?

Reply to
me

snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote: | "Morris Dovey" wrote: | || On my last consulting stint I built dining, coffee, and end tables || using essentially the same design using "I-beam" trestles (2x4 top || and bottom, 2x6 center upright) with a single longitudinal || stringer using bed-rail hooks to attach the stringer to the || trestles. An inexpensive (undrilled) door worked for the tops. I || have one of the trestles in the shop and will try to remember to || take a photo today. | | Have link to a picture of this?

Nope; but have re-posted a photo to news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. If you don't have access to binaries, send me an e-mail address and I'll send a copy by return mail.

Morris Dovey

Are you willing to build it? This guy made a nice desk and dresser that come apart:

upand_at_them

| Are you willing to build it? This guy made a nice desk and dresser | that come apart: |

- but the whole point of telling the story and posting the photo was to show anyone who liked the approach how to do it for themselves.

My homemate needed a light table for one of her quilting projects and I used that same basic design to knock out a transformable end table (which was to be thrown out when no longer needed; but somehow wasn't) - I'll grab a shot of that, since it's handy, and post that to abpw. The light table will probably require a Sawzall to disassemble. :-)

Morris Dovey

Sorry no binary access

send to:

john63401 atatatatat yahoo yahoo dot dot com com

Reply to
me