Re: Building wine racking for my cellar

On 11 Aug 2003 12:08:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@email.com (MikeQ) wrote:

I suppose we all like free stuff, but one might find some humor in a person building his own wine rack for 800-100 bottles even mentioning finding a free plan. But I digress. I learned here in the NG recently about the power of the google images search engine. A search there for "wine rack plan" turned up only 6 links. Here is one result: http://www.gcwoodworks.com/wine_rack_woodworking_plan.htm . _Full scale_ plans for $12 (maybe plus S&H). BTW, I have seen a number of major wine cellars and for individual bottle storage some of that is driven by aesthetics -- i.e., there are numerous choices. That being said, the link provides an answer based on what you posted. Good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@email.com (MikeQ) wrote:

Try a Google Groups search on rec.crafts.winemaking, or post your question there. I seem to recall a discussion there several years ago of where to get wine rack plans.
MikeQ,
You might want to take a look at the following Hometime link:
http://www.hometime.com/TV/pastshow/pastshows/syndication/2002/winecllr.htm#sketch
There is also a sketch there that you can download that Dean Johnson drew up for that particular project. Keep in mind that it's a sketch. It does provide some dimensions as well. At the very least, it could give you some idea of how to build your wine rack(s). Don't worry about the fact that it's an .exe file. It's just a self-extracting .pdf file. Hope this helps.
Peter.

If you made the same one, it would no longer be custom and individual.
Ed Who uses an old entertainment center with separators. and wine cases turned on their side. Very individualized and custom made!
Thanks for your help thus far. Perhaps I should clear some things up:
I have no problem paying for plans.
Thanks for the hometime link, I had seen that already and I was hoping for something more detailed (I incorrectly referenced it as a DIY plan in my original post).
The wine rack plan link looks great but I was looking for something much larger. I am worried about the weight of all the bottles and want to make sure I am building something that will hold the weight with no problem.
I am still looking for plans. When I say custom, I only mean that I would alter the length to fit my space.
Thanks again, Mike