Re: Bookcase color

I painted my bookcases interiors with a very dark latex and a primer underneath. I allowed the bookcases to completely cure for 2-3 months before waxing, buffing and loading up with books. It has had use for 15 years and never had any stickyness or damage and still looks good.

Reply to
Phisherman

The keyword you need to look for is "non-blocking". If it's "non-blocking" then it's not sticky to books and the like. Some latex is non-blocking, some isn't.

BTW, remember not to assume that waterborne=latex--it doesn't anymore.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks - I knew I forgot something. But IIRC it is true that darker colors are less likely to be non-blocking.

I don't remember ever seeing a latex can that said non-blocking on it, but its been a few years since I used latex. I'll read some cans next time I'm in an appropriate store.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

We built 33 bookcases for this house to add to the ones we brought and painted the new ones all black. They are simple in design, but strong and the almost not there look improves the display of thousands of books.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn