Re: black walnut gloat? and advice requested

the
with
oil
6+
Better figure about 3 years - 1 year per inch. Call up Woodmizer and see if there's a guy near you. They can saw it up better than you can, with less waste and with better accuracy.

If you're going to pretend to be the great one, at least spell his name right, doofus.

and
can,
name
If you're going to have a hero, at least make it someone who is a master at their craft and not a hack. Doofus? Bwahaha what are you in, 3rd grade?

I paid $.20 a bf to have a dead cherry tree from my yard cut by a guy with a bandsaw mill.

Walnut is worth hiring someone with a portable bandsaw mill.
"Year an inch" for typical air-drying. I'd cut it to 2" on a bandsaw, because the kerf is negligible - you'd lose too much doing it that way with a chainsaw mill. After it's dry, I'd resaw it on a bandsaw again, giving me bookmatched panels.
Watch out for bugs during drying. Walnut (unusually for most timbers) is prone to bugs eating it even when reasonably dry.