RE: Biscuit jointers,

Short of Lamello, what's a good biscuit jointer; Porter-Cable, DeWalt, Makita, ... ? Any recommended sources and prices?

Thanx

Reply to
lobomikem38

All are good brands. I have a 5yo Dewalt and it has served me well. Places like pricetool.com are a good place to look. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

The Porter Cable is the next best thing to Lamello.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

It's not a Lamello, but it's worked fine for me.

The PC does really small biscuits that my DeWalt won't, so keep that in mind.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Thanx for help. I picked up a Porter Cable at a competitive price. Option to do small biscuits swayed my decision.

Reply to
lobomikem38

I'm using a DeWalt...Nice machine. The PC, according to reviews, is a bitch when it comes to changing blades. Also there was some problem with the fence alignment.

There's review of biscuit joiners (or jointers) in the latest Fine Housebuilding.

Keeter O.

Reply to
Salmo

Should have read the review in Fine Homebuilding, Keeter. On page 67 (Aug/Sep 2005 issue) it clearly states:

"Changing the blade was easier than on most of the tools and is described in Porter Cable's well-illustrated manual."

Reply to
Robatoy

Oops!! I was going by an earlier review that said it was one of the hardest to change the blade in. They must have changed this. Keeter

Reply to
Salmo