RE: Biscuit jointers,

Short of Lamello, what's a good biscuit jointer; Porter-Cable, DeWalt, Makita, ... ? Any recommended sources and prices?
Thanx

All are good brands. I have a 5yo Dewalt and it has served me well. Places like pricetool.com are a good place to look.     mahalo,     jo4hn

Same here.
It's not a Lamello, but it's worked fine for me.
The PC does really small biscuits that my DeWalt won't, so keep that in mind.
Barry
The Porter Cable is the next best thing to Lamello.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Option to do small biscuits swayed my decision.
I'm using a DeWalt...Nice machine. The PC, according to reviews, is a bitch when it comes to changing blades. Also there was some problem with the fence alignment.
There's review of biscuit joiners (or jointers) in the latest Fine Housebuilding.
Keeter O.

Should have read the review in Fine Homebuilding, Keeter. On page 67 (Aug/Sep 2005 issue) it clearly states:
"Changing the blade was easier than on most of the tools and is described in Porter Cable's well-illustrated manual."
Oops!! I was going by an earlier review that said it was one of the hardest to change the blade in. They must have changed this. Keeter