Re: BIG TREB

've wondered a bit why someone would build one of these things. I guess

they're the woodworking equivalent getting busy with a paint ball gun or fragging all the bad guys in some online game.

Reply to
Upscale

Actually, it was a statement's to man's desire to hurl things with a minimum of effort. Storming your neighbour's castle is only an invitation to hurl them in a particular direction.

Reply to
Upscale

This guy now owns a working trebuchet. I don't, do you?

'Nuff said.

;)

Reply to
Mike Reed

I wanna watch when the cops come around and ask to see his license for that seige weapon.

When trebuchets are outlawed, only outlaws will have trebuchets. ;)

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Trebuchets don't kill people, big rocks kill people.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Lazarus Long

I built a small one. Why? Because hurling things with a heavy, well-built machine is a hell of a lot of fun, and because building such a machine and watching the crazy thing actually work is a hell of a lot of fun.

Highly recommended. Just be careful you don't hurl an apple over a 20' high concrete wall and onto a busy highway. Oops. ;) (I was trying to *hit* the wall, not throw over it.)

(Vandalism, arguably, even temporary graffiti, but neither is anything a little rain won't cure.)

(For the starving people in China crowd, it was a half-rotten apple.)

Reply to
Silvan