Re: BIG TREB

I've wondered a bit why someone would build one of these things. I guess they're the woodworking equivalent getting busy with a paint ball gun or fragging all the bad guys in some online game.
(Upscale) claims:

Actually, it was a statement's to man's desire to hurl things with a minimum of effort. Storming your neighbour's castle is only an invitation to hurl them in a particular direction.

This guy now owns a working trebuchet. I don't, do you?
'Nuff said.
;)
On 4 Feb 2004 05:26:54 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Reed) wrote:

I wanna watch when the cops come around and ask to see his license for that seige weapon.
When trebuchets are outlawed, only outlaws will have trebuchets. ;)

Trebuchets don't kill people, big rocks kill people.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:49:13 -0600, Dave Balderstone

ROFL!!!
Upscale wrote:

I built a small one. Why? Because hurling things with a heavy, well-built machine is a hell of a lot of fun, and because building such a machine and watching the crazy thing actually work is a hell of a lot of fun.
Highly recommended. Just be careful you don't hurl an apple over a 20' high concrete wall and onto a busy highway. Oops. ;) (I was trying to *hit* the wall, not throw over it.)
(Vandalism, arguably, even temporary graffiti, but neither is anything a little rain won't cure.)
(For the starving people in China crowd, it was a half-rotten apple.)