Re: best info on basic cabinet contruction

Check out Danny Proluxs books both on face frame and traditional cabinets.

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:36:37 GMT, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net (coloradotrout) wrote:

My favourite is still Jere Cary's book on face-frame construction. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Don't fall for these new-fangled "European" cabinets. They're nasty junk that doesn't last well and don't like workshop-grade loading. And I'm writing from Europe, where we've had the things for 30 years.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Look around at some of the second hand bookshops for any of the Odhams Press books such as Practical Home Woodworking Illustrated. They were a 'must' for every household and there must be loads of them about even if they were printed in the 40s and later.

We're not talking Ikea are we? That's swearing in some parts.
Richard.
I like Ernest Joyce"s book -the technique of furniture making -its british tho.

Where does one find John's book? (searched amazon, bestbookbuys, and bookfinder w/no hits) He'd posted some interesting tips on kitchen cabinet construction a while back and I wouldn't mind getting a copy of his book now that I know one exists.
Thanx Renata

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/shop.html
Worked a few minutes ago, so it should get you where you want.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/11/03
wrote: