Re: best info on basic cabinet contruction

where might I get some good info on the basics of cabinet

> construction. I'd like to apply it to making some base cabinets for > the shop, a general purpose bench with drawers, possible kitchen and > other living space cabinets later. > >
Reply to
William E. Prisavage

My favourite is still Jere Cary's book on face-frame construction.

't fall for these new-fangled "European" cabinets. They're nasty junk that doesn't last well and don't like workshop-grade loading. And I'm writing from Europe, where we've had the things for 30 years.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
dave johnson

Look around at some of the second hand bookshops for any of the Odhams Press books such as Practical Home Woodworking Illustrated. They were a 'must' for every household and there must be loads of them about even if they were printed in the 40s and later.

We're not talking Ikea are we? That's swearing in some parts.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Where does one find John's book? (searched amazon, bestbookbuys, and bookfinder w/no hits) He'd posted some interesting tips on kitchen cabinet construction a while back and I wouldn't mind getting a copy of his book now that I know one exists.

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

a few minutes ago, so it should get you where you want.

Reply to
Swingman

I googled and it let me to this site:

google stuff is pretty good, eh?