Re: Bessey's on sale at Woodcraft!

On top of that they're giving away a 14" Rikon BS if you spend $50 or

> more -- how does it get better than that! (Well, I suppose if I > actually won it would!)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you get a free 14" Rikon BS just for spending $50 or more. I wonder if Woodcraft is aware of that. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Yeah Leon, but look. It was from "Mike in Idaho". By the time I drive all the way to Idaho with $3.00 a gallon gas, I might as well just buy one here. Some guys have ALL the luck. :-)

P.

Reply to
Paul in MN

Woodcraft store on Hwy 290 here in Houston looked to have about a

100 each of the 24" and 40" as of about 11:00 a.m. (Saturday). Except that they have four less of each now 'cause I got some!
Reply to
D. J. MCBRIDE

Just moved into a new house. Used to live in a Townhome with no means of doing woodworking. Now I have a garage. Not big but enough to do some work.

I have no clamps. What would be a good amount (combanation) to start with?

I have(or had) a Woodcraft store in my area. I say "had" because Woodworking stores do not stay long in my area. A Harbour Freight just opened up and I wonder how long that will stay open.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

You are always going to need one more than you have. ;) It really depends on what you are going to build. Try 6 to 8 48" pipe clamps. Good for most case work and panels.

Reply to
Paul Rand

What he said. Really, pick clamps like you'd pick any tool; get what you need for whatever it is you make. Consider getting some small, less-expensive bar clamps or C-clamps to hold jigs and stuff.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Get what clamps things within the range most used. For most of us the 25" is the workhorse, which is why I have more (now) of them than other lengths. The 50" is great for those things we use 48" worth of ply to construct, but it's awful damn clumsy when you try to use it to clamp the "average" distance.

Buy short sizes, followed by long sizes, then write for gifts of the tweeners. Lee Valley's 25/50 set looks real good. Do two.

Reply to
George