Re: Bending wood and making dice

The snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com entity posted thusly:

Plywood will not readily form a perfect circle because of its construction, and because the ends need to butt together, leaving a weak spot that will always be out of whack.
I would form it with steamed veneer. Rolls of various widths are available from better wood places (don't bother with the BORG (Home Depot or Lowes). It's available in a lot of different woods.
I suggest posting your question on rec.woodworking for a better range of ideas.
Boiling is always a good substitute for steaming......I am not sure about bending plywood though. Dave
I think this might work. http://www.melright.com/busker/jsart35.htm
Bob
entity posted thusly:

Oleg Lego wrote:

What's a dice cup, about 2.5 inch diameter by 3 inches high? That means that you need pieces about 8x3 steamed. You should be able to do that on the kitchen stove in a stockpot.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Sorry about that, folks! I was perusing another newsgroup, and somehow, I must have hit a key or key combination that put me into a local folder containing postings from the Wreck. I thought I was answering a current posting, from the other newsgroup. Turns out I was answering a post made in January.
Oh well, prompted another few ideas. :-)