Re: Bench dog holes: Drill through?

Definitely drill through: easier to clean, easier to remove the dog by popping it up from below or down from above, and you can push the dog down to flush or nearly flush as necessary. Remember to clamp on a backer block when you drill through.

Go with your instinct... Paul

On 14 Aug 2003 16:26:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DarylRos) wrote:

Yes, I agree, I often have dowel dogs stick in my bench, so have a nylon drift pin to smack them through the bench. I don't think they would ever come out otherwise.
Barry Lennox
You have to drill through. If not, when the dogs are flush to the bench, you can't get them out. The dogs form a very tight fit into the holes.