Re: B EVIL

If you look back I may have beat that. ;~)

> It's funny to see an answer to an old post like this but sometimes it > can be educational to everyone if not the original poster. > You sometimes have to wonder if the person that made the original > post is even still alive. :!)

I can tell you this and let you decide

these replies to old posts I think are spam precursors they are trying to get accepted into lists and thus bypass spam detection later by fooling the lists/groups into whitelisting them

they wait awhile then use most of the same data in the original mail header and spam some group/maillist

replies help them with their deed

Reply to
Electric Comet

Well certainly some of them are but almost all of us here are guilty of replying before looking at the original post date at one time or another.

Reply to
Leon

Electric Comet wrote in news:medpi2$bbu$17 @dont-email.me:

No, Usenet doesn't work that way. Maillists have whitelists but spam filtering on Usenet uses more sophisticated techniques (unless you use Google Groups, who don't appear to do any spam filtering).

All that replying here does is make the poster look a bit foolish if they didn't notice the date.

John

Reply to
John McCoy