Re: Atlanta Woodworking Show this last weekend

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:22:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@esper.com (Dave Mundt) wrote:
Last year, I too bought a pair "T" track from TWS, but I skipped the pair of Oldham's Signature Premier TS saw that they were displaying at the show. Are they still selling that pair of saws this year?

snipped-for-privacy@esper.com (Dave Mundt) wrote:

Yep. Few enough of us, though,

I was the one in jeans on Saturday.

Wuss! <g> I was there Sat, and it was nice because there were NO crowds. Kinda sad, though when I walked by a booth and the guy asked if he could practice his spiel on me. Then I felt rude moving on, since there was no one else at the booth, and not many more on the aisle!
<snip>

The chairs were not my style, and your criticism may well be valid, but the marquetry was beautiful on them as well, continuing what I interpreted as a bamboo and leaf theme from the table. Did you notice how the "pictures" on adjacent chairs were mirror images?

I liked the pair of triangular tables with the carving at each corner that made the leg flow seamlessly to the top. Very fluid looking.

I missed last year, but it seemed much smaller than two years ago when it was out in Gwinnett.

No, you are right. I had to go down to Virginia Highlands to get my HH fix this morning.
BTW, they closed the show early on Sat (4:00) which was a sensible thing to do, since those of us with too little sense to stay home might have stayed later, until the roads started refreezing.