Re: Atlanta Woodworking Show this last weekend

Last year, I too bought a pair "T" track from TWS, but I skipped the pair of Oldham's Signature Premier TS saw that they were displaying at the show. Are they still selling that pair of saws this year?

for example, I picked up a 48" chunk >of "T" track from The Woodworker's Supply (show hosts), with four >clamps for $20. Considering that I paid $25 for the same blasted >thing last year...That was not bad. Actually, it seemed like >there was a whole lot more "obvious" discounting going on...with >a bit more stuff being discounted, and, some larger percentages >than in the past couple of years.
Reply to
WD

Yep. Few enough of us, though,

I was the one in jeans on Saturday.

Wuss! I was there Sat, and it was nice because there were NO crowds. Kinda sad, though when I walked by a booth and the guy asked if he could practice his spiel on me. Then I felt rude moving on, since there was no one else at the booth, and not many more on the aisle!

The chairs were not my style, and your criticism may well be valid, but the marquetry was beautiful on them as well, continuing what I interpreted as a bamboo and leaf theme from the table. Did you notice how the "pictures" on adjacent chairs were mirror images?

I liked the pair of triangular tables with the carving at each corner that made the leg flow seamlessly to the top. Very fluid looking.

I missed last year, but it seemed much smaller than two years ago when it was out in Gwinnett.

No, you are right. I had to go down to Virginia Highlands to get my HH fix this morning.

BTW, they closed the show early on Sat (4:00) which was a sensible thing to do, since those of us with too little sense to stay home might have stayed later, until the roads started refreezing.

Reply to
alexy