Re: Any ideas how this was made?

  1. End of wood is placed in boiling water for a period of time till the wood is "soft"
  2. Wood is compressed in clamp/vise and allowed to dry in compressed state.
  3. wood is put thru hole in golf ball.
  4. End of wood is again placed in boiling water and allowed to swell up
Little gimmicky thing a friend got from his father. > The fellow who presumably made it has passed away, and he took the > method he used to make it with him, presumably. > >
> The golf ball has a very smooth hole driled through it, and it moves > freely on the wood shaft. Both ends of the shaft are too thick for > the ball to pass over them. > > > We looked under a 30X dissecting microscope at work..no joints > > Hit it with various wavelengths of UV thinking if any glue was used > and the join was well disguised, we might detect flourescence from the > glue ..nothing. > > Did the fellow drill the hole, and have the tree grow through it? > > Was the ball split? We can't detect any evidence of this on the ball > either. > > Let me know what ya' think > > Thanks > > Jerry
Reply to
Sam Soltan