Re: Anti-Kickback Pawls - Where to buy

I bought the Delta Biesmeyer and would do it again in a heartbeast. NO MORE KICKBACKS!!! Is that a good enough reason? Why do so many peopel grip e about pawls? They are a safe way to cut wood. The standard pawls are worthy of a good ole lawsuit; they are junk. But the Biesmeyers are really good. Have YOU ever tried them or are you complaining and mocking from ignorance?

Sorry, guess 'ahmm kinda slow tonight.

The problem that scares me IS the straightback kick back. If I see a bind, I know it. And somehow (bandsaw?) I manage to not cut small slivers on a tablesaw. I confess; a 3 HP. 220v UniSaw scares me with all the power it has. That is an awesome machine.
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:56:19 GMT, "Eric Lund"

I'd have agreed with you 20 years ago. With the polycarbonate materials now available, it is not much of a concern. They use it for bullet proof windows. Ed

catch on the blade and I was picking little pieces out of my skin for hours thank God I was wearing a face shield or I would have been in trouble. To be bullet proof it is much thicker and duel layered I beleave. To its credit it did take 6 teeth out of the blade I had in there too.
I don't beleave that a blade guard is designed to stop kickback just to try to keep your fingers out of the blade path. The splitter is used to keep the kickback from happening.