Re: Another tool ID needed X

On 23 Sep 2004 02:38:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) wrote:

Plastering tool. I've no idea what it's for, but that's what Goldblatt make.
PS - Any chance you could cross-post these instead of multi-posting them ?
(R.H.) wrote:

Thanks for the lead on the tool, and yes, I'll try cross posting next time.
Rob

Correct.
Thanks, I knew that it was a center for a lathe, but didn't know the other details.

I couldn't find any similar to mine on the web, so I'm still looking into this one.
Rob

Yes.
Correct.
This one is a particular type of pulley.

Yes, it's a mold.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) writes:

Yes, but I was thinking that the pivoting arm was used as a brake - tie a rope to the eye and when pulled the other end of the arm contacts the pulley. Hard to see from the picture whether the arm is long enough or not.

For a pill bottle maybe?
scott
(R.H.) writes:

You're correct that it's a bottle mold, but I'm not sure what type.
Rob

Are you sure it's a mold? It looks more like a pattern (from which the mold would be made).
John
(R.H.) writes:

I forgot to reply to this on my previous post. This pulley was used in a different way than most people would think. It wasn't used for lifting anything, I guess the pivoting arm could be called a brake since it's meant to keep the rope from moving but it was more for tension. There wasn't a separate rope to operate the arm, there was just one rope that tied to the eye and also went through the pulley.
Rob

I forgot to mention that #135 isn't a tool, I would put it in a different non-utilitarian catagory.
Rob