Re: Another tool ID needed VIII

Page 1 of 2
On 13 Sep 2004 01:39:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) wrote:

Leather slitting cutter
The long fence is an adjustable guide, the short knife under the handles cuts the leather.
It's not a leather "plough", they're built heavier and have a couple of other differences.
No. 121 is a Tau Beta Pi "key", National Engineering Honor Society. Not that I ever got very close to one...... Dave

Thanks for the info, looks like it might have been a part of a paperweight like the one in this photo:
http://www.tbp.org/pages/GeneralStore/ItemsForSale/W.cfm
I bought mine for a dollar at the antique mall.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Yuppers. Inductees/pledges receive a rough sandcasting that they're supposed to smooth and polish prior to initiation.
#125 looks like a carrying handle of some sort. Slide the "L" under the load, slide the handle down the "L" until it contacts the load, and when lifted the load (of ?) is clinched between the two projections. Looks like it'd work best in multiples for carrying sheets of something.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

I'm still researching this one, so I'll put this on my list of possible answers. I'm heavily leaning towards it being a bookbinder's pad counter.
If some or all of the photos on my page aren't appearing it's because my image host is having server problems, hopefully it will be cleared up shortly.
Rob
(R.H.) wrote:

I'm still researching this one, I'll look into your idea. Another guess that I heard was a scribe for timber or wood planks.
Rob
"R.H." wrote: Robert Bonomi wrote

It looks a lot like the peizo-electric trigger for a grill. If it has resistance and then clicks and feels loose, that's probably what it is. If it sparks across the two wires or the middle/bottom wire and the ground/ shell, that is what it is.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Yes, it's a piezo-electric sparker. I bought it for the following science experiment: poke a hole in the lid of one of those black film canisters, insert the wire leads, put in a couple drops of alcohol or perfume, put on the lid and then push the button. You get a small explosion that sends the canister flying about ten or twenty feet.
Rob

Looks like your average BBQ igniter sparker.

Rubber bouncy ball?

GTO(John)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote in message

Correct.
This one isn't a bouncy ball.
Rob

Necker's knob for a car steering wheel?
GTO(John)
On 14 Sep 2004 15:15:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) calmly ranted:

Tht crossed my mind (mine for my first car, a '57 Chebby, was red metalflake) but it's too small for that.
---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? - http://diversify.com Web Applications
"R.H." wrote: 124

A superball? Size and texture would be helpful at the onset.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

It's not a superball, what you see there is 1.25" in diameter, it's made of glass, I don't know what the inside is made of.
Rob
On 14 Sep 2004 01:47:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Oh, only 1-1/4" dia? It's an AGGIE! (Marble to you kids.)
---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? - http://diversify.com Web Applications

It's not a marble.
Rob
On 13 Sep 2004 16:27:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) wrote:
... snip

one of those "wacky-clacker" balls?

(R.H.) wrote:

Nope, keep in mind that there is more to this one than you can see in the photo.
Rob

A flashbulb?

Correct, it's an old flashbulb.
Rob