Re: Another tool ID needed V

On 31 Aug 2004 17:21:06 EDT, Mark and Kim Smith

Not quite - if you look closely, those are chisel points on the teeth, not pinpoints. I think it's for tooling the surface of leather, not for marking stitches or for transferring through a paper pattern.
--
Smert' spamionam

(R.H.) wrote:

I thought this was caused by inflation.
Dan

Thanks for the info.
Rob

I'm still looking into this one, but as you say, it does look a little wide for a marking tool.
Rob

Glad that you liked the site. You're right, there is no way to move forward, but they can go to the home page via the link at the bottom, and then see them all in reverse order from there. That's the only drawback to using the blog format, but on the plus side I get automatic page linking and comments.
Rob

This one isn't a kitchen tool.
Rob

I didn't have time to take more photos, but this page has pictures of many more shrunken coins:
http://205.243.100.155/frames/interesting1.html
Here is the site that explains how it was done:
http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinkergallery.html
Rob
Thanks for sharing those sites, they are impressive
Clif

Correct.
Thanks, I was hoping it had some type of use.
On 2 Sep 2004 01:42:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (R.H.) calmly ranted:

Wrong. Affairs can be "torrid", but ferrous powders are made into toroids, most of which are too small in diameter for torrid affairs.
--
If it weren't for jumping to conclusions, some of us wouldn't get any exercise.
www.diversify.com - Jump-free website programming

OOOUUCCHHHHHHHH!

Nit: torrid. n. 1) parched with the heat of the sun. 2) scorching, burning.      3) passionate/ardent.
While _probably_ *not* what the O.P. "intended", I will suggest that def. #2 could be applicable to a high-intensity, VHF, magnetic field.
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:43:44 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) calmly ranted:

Bzzzzt! Look at the squeezed coins and you'll find no burning, scorching, or melting whatsoever. #2 does not apply.
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------
A toroid might be made of ferrous powder but the name doesn't imply ferrous powder. The name refers to the shape. Like a donut.
bob g.
Larry Jaques wrote:

A toroid might be made of ferrous powder but the name doesn't imply ferrous powder. The name refers to the shape. Like a donut.
bob g.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Here is the response I got from a leather worker when I asked him about this one:
"It's for marking leather. It's an overstitch wheel. Simply roll along leather to mark the spacing of stitches for smooth, even results every time. Varying ones available for 5, 6, 7 stitches to the inch."

Number 107 isn't for mops.

This one isn't for leather, but it is used with stitching.
Rob